Waking up on time can sometimes be challenging. While you have the desire to get up on time, your body still craves to stay in bed for a little while longer!
Nonetheless, developing some habits to help you get up on time easily is quite possible.
As a public service, The Alarm Clock Blog now offers you one dozen helpful tips for waking up on time. So, without any further blah blah blah, let’s commence!
1. Give yourself a valid reason for waking up on time. It is all about motivation. Without the motivation to do so, most people are having a hard time waking up on time. If a person is motivated, it would be easier to make an effort to do anything. Encourage yourself, find a good reason, and set goals to wake up on time.
2. Set your mind. This may sound a bit tricky, but you can set your mind using the hypnosis technique. Hypnosis is a method of speaking to a part of one’s mind that holds one’s routines and habits. This technique has been proven effective by those who want to lose weight or quit smoking. It has been said that this technique is also effective for those who want to wake up on time.
3. Eat dinner three to four hours before going to bed. Most people find it difficult to sleep if their stomach is full. Eating dinner early allows the body to have enough time to digest the food.
4. Before going to bed, take time to relax. Falling or staying asleep can be difficult if your mind is racing from worries about money or career. Engage yourself in various relaxing rituals before getting to bed, such as praying, performing yoga, meditation, listening to soft music, reading, taking a hot bath. Also, ensure that your bedroom is quiet and is at a comfy temperature. If there is an unavoidable noise, use ear plugs or mask other background noise using our Moods Clock.
5. Sleep early. According to many sleep specialists, getting a good night’s rest requires an adult to sleep for about seven to nine hours. If the body is deprived of sleep, it will require you to sleep more, making it difficult for you to wake up on time. If you need to get up at a specific time, you have to count back the number of hours you need to get a full night’s sleep to determine what time you should be going to bed.
6. Build a routine. Our mind and body responds well to routines. Routines will then quickly form into habits. Establish a reliable and regular sleeping schedule by going to bed and waking up at similar times every day. It helps you feel more refreshed in the morning, making it easier for you to get out of your bed on time.
7. One best way to wake up on time is to set an alarm (duh !). This is one sure way to wake up on time. The alarm may come from an alarm clock or a television setting that automatically turns on at a specified time…or even your mobile phone. Make sure to set your alarm for an early enough time the night before. Then, keep your alarm clock or remote control away from your bed, as it will only make it easy for you to turn the alarm off and go back to sleep, resulting to waking up later than what was planned. To make this work even better, consider setting multiple alarms, and have them located at various different places in your bedroom.
8. As soon as the alarm rings, get up and immediately flick on the bedroom lights. A dark room can always make you feel sleepy and make you want to go back to bed. On the other hand, if the bedroom lights are on, you will feel alert and awake.
9. Drink one glass of water as soon as you get up. Hydrating the body can also help you feel more awake and energized. Go straight to the bathroom and wash your face with cool water. This lessens the urge of going back to sleep. Water gives the body a quick jolt of energy. It stimulates the body and helps you to stay awake. You can also try the stronger alternatives for water – coffee and tea.
10. Keep your window blinds up. Another way to help you wake up on time is by sleeping with the window blinds up. It allows you to wake up when the sun gets inside your bedroom. Waking up naturally because of the sunlight stops the body from producing melatonin, a sleep hormone. This hormone is stimulated by darkness. Hence, if the room is too dark, it is harder to wake up on time.
11. Avoid taking sleeping pills. Over-the-counter sleeping pills may help you in falling asleep. Yet, these pills can make you feel unwell and groggy the next day, making it harder to wake up on time. Thus, if you have problems sleeping and needs to wake up on time, try to establish a regular sleep schedule. Before going to bed, avoid too much liquid, caffeine, alcohol, high-fat meals at night, and naps. This helps you get a good night’s sleep and helps you wake up on time easily.
12. Avoid doing some work or exercising at night. Instead, you can do these activities at late afternoons. Going to bed because you are tired after exercising, may sound logical, yet exercising increases your cardio functions and adrenaline levels, making you stay up the whole night.
There are many ways on how you can wake up on time. However, a bit of willpower is needed to pull everything off.
The main idea is to prepare your mind for the said tasks. Do not shock your system as it will only lead to failure.
Instead, before you start working on these tips, give yourself some time to prepare. Allow your mind to get used to the idea so you will succeed at waking up on time.
For those of you about to sleep, we salute you! And wish you pleasant dreams…from OnlineClock.net