Hey, Clock Fans – it’s that time again!
The U.S. switches to Daylight Savings Time this Sunday.
So if you live in the U.S., please don’t forget to set your clocks ahead one hour (Spring Forward!) when you wake up this Sunday, March 8th, 2009 . We wouldn’t want you to be late for brunch. 😉
We’d like to thank Fox News Channel 26 in Houston, Texas for recently featuring the Online Alarm Clock briefly on their morning news program.
Fox News suggested that, with the upcoming switch to Daylight Savings Time, using Online Clock is a great way to make sure that you wake up at the right time:
Now here are some Quick Facts about Daylight Savings Time:
- Daylight Savings Time begins each year at 2 a.m. on the second Sunday in March.
- Daylight Savings Time ends each year on the first Sunday in November.
- Daylight Savings Time was introduced in World War I, in an attempt to save fuel by cutting back on artificial light.
- Benjamin Franklin was one of the first Americans to begin campaigning for Daylight Savings Time, all the way back in 1784.
- There are fewer deaths from traffic accidents by using Daylight Savings Time.
- If your computer is set to automatically update itself to Daylight Savings Time, you can watch the time change LIVE and in REAL TIME on OnlineClock.net! Online Clock automatically displays the time using your computer’s own time settings. This means that, as soon as your computer has updated itself to Daylight Savings Time, Online Clock will switch to the new time automagically. (Yes, it’s geeky fun – try it!)
We hereby cordially invite all of you to set an alarm for 2 a.m. on Sunday and party into Daylight Savings Time with OnlineClock.net.